I have been a little cheeky and whilst my mum was at work I decided to look through her skincare cabinet and stalk what products she's been using lately just to share them with you guys. Sorry Ma.
Last month I ran out of all my skincare favourites (all at once as well, which was a nightmare) and whilst I was researching what to use for autumn, I just decided to have a look and see if I could kind of borrow any of my mum's picks. Honestly I didn't expect I could use anything because of the age difference (again, sorry ma, I know you read here) but surprisingly enough she actually doesn't have any anti-age products in her stash.
Now that I got my skincare all sorted, as you would have seen in my previous post, I still thought the idea of sharing my "shop my stash" experience with a little twist would be fun. Here's what I have found:
- Main day cream: VICHY AQUALIA THERMAL which is perfect for women who have sensitive skin on the dryer side and who want intense moisture. Mum picked the "rich" formula but there's a lighter serum as well for who prefers a less heavy option. I have combination skin and I loved this moisturiser as an evening product after a long day.
- The eye cream: VICHY AQUALIA THERMAL AWAKENING BALM that as the name suggest truly does make your eyes appear less tired, more hydrated and fresh. This option wasn't too heavy for me so I did (and still do) use it during the day as well. It helps my concealer stay on flawlessly without forming any lines or moving the product around.
- The night time oil: 1001 REMEDIES TREASURE OIL which is an amazing multi-purpose product that can be used on the skin as well as on the hair. It contains moroccan argan oil and omega 6 which help stop signs of ageing and reduce any marks or scars.
- The overnight mask: NIP+FAB DRAGONS BLOOD PLUMPING MASK which has been featured on here a couple of times already (totally stole this number from me). I love using it when my skin is feeling particularly dehydrated and in need of something to boost it and give it back some life. I tend to leave it on for 10 minutes but it has the best effect if left on the face for the whole night. In the morning, dry patches will only be a thing of the past.
- The staple product: Original Pavlovic Ointment which is actually a product from back home in Serbia where some of our family is from. This gem has been with us for generations and it pretty much fixes everything. From dry skin, to pimples, to burns and anything in between when it comes to minor skin concerns we all turn to this. It's not available to be purchased here in UK I don't think, but it's a rather affordable go-to product for whoever can get their hands on it. I may do a giveaway with it as a prize at some point.
So that's it for now, I may stalk her makeup section soon and report back on that in the near future. Have you ever "borrowed" skincare from your parents? Let me know in the comments, I'm really curious.