Moisturising hands is always important, wherever you are. The weather here in UK is officially getting rough. I live down on the South coast, literally by the sea, and the wind is so strong that it gets straight to your bones, especially when you're off to university at 6 in the morning. Yikes.
I will confess: I have been lazy with my mani-care - and always have been. Just recently I realised how important it is to start taking more care of my hands. I've tested lots of products left and right, some "borrowed" from my mother, others purchased around whenever I get lost on the internet or on the Boots isles. I thought I'd share my current Top 6 (couldn't choose five, it was too hard) hand creams that suit different needs and different people. They're all budget friendly and will hopefully help you this coming season.
- Ginger & Co Hand It To Me: I found this cream in a freebie bag I received when I attended the Soton Meet Up during the summer. I never heard of the brand before but out of the whole bunch, this is the cheapest option. It's absorbed quickly and works immediately on any broken skin or dry patches caused by the cold.
- ORLY Rich Renewal Hydrating Creme: This is for the gals with weak nails. The cream won't necessarily fix your problem, but it will give some strength back and fight any signs of weakness. I use this product whenever my nails are having a bad phase and they need a little extra help. It absorbs really fast and the pomegranate smell is divine.
- Soap & Glory Hand Food: Probably the most popular choice in the blogosphere, S&G have this unusual yet amazing scent that makes you want to lick your hands. (a bit odd..)
I like the size of this cream because I can carry it in my smaller bags. I tend to keep it in whichever clutch I'm using at the moment so that I don't leave it laying around for no reason. Definitely purse friendly if you like to pamper yourself on the go.
- E45 Repair Protect Overnight Cream: Yes, a night cream. I absolutely love E45 products to begin with, but this cream has that thicker consistency that makes you feel as if it's actually going to make a miracle happen. I apply this in bed when I'm literally about to switch off the light and go to sleep. The next morning I can wave goodbye to any dry patches or redness.
- Lanolips Rose Balm Everyday Cream: This is a heavy-duty and intense cream, like the E45 mentioned above, but it's lighter in consistency and it disappears into your skin really quickly when massaged. It contains shea butter, cocoa seed butter, rose oil, vitamin E and antioxidants.
- MaryKay Satin Hands: This product looks and feels really luxurious, but still costs less than £10. It's perfect for people with really sensitive skin. I know that because I let my mum test it and she has a really hard time finding anything that won't cause her hands to go red or itch. The verdict? She loved it. Whenever I use it, I feel moisturised and well protected, even after washing my hands a few times during the day. It's weird and amazing at the same time. This is my favourite cream at the moment.
Let me know in the comments if you tried any of the products mentioned above and which hand cream you like to use!