I feel like I'm on of those people that always needs to carry unnecessary things "just in case" I need them. I recently down-sized what I bring with me out and about so I thought I'd share with you the contents of my current makeup bag.
I got so excited when I spotted this cute little number by Emma Lomax. From the design to the size it was just everything I needed! You'd never actually see me wear anything pink BUT due to the girly contents I thought ONE pink item in my life wouldn't hurt, really.
The size is small enough to fit in a medium-sized handbag but somehow big enough to hold everything and more that a person may need during the day. I usually carry a lip balm and a hand sanitiser in other compartments of my bag to reach for them quickly but everything else I need in order to touch-up in 5 minutes is here.
For the oily skin:
- Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot powder: This is the best powder I tried so far when it comes to getting rid of excess oils around my t-zone. I tend to use it halfway through the day when the situation is not too messy. Fortunately, the foundations I'm currently slapping on my face are really good so I never end up looking like an oil tank.
- MARY KAY oil absorbing tissues: Of course I need to carry these magic tissues as well because if my base starts melting, applying powder on top can look cakey. I find them really handy and light to take with me so sometimes I won't even bother with the powder.
For the quick touch-up:
- Estee Lauder Double Wear on the go foundation (reviewed fully here): Lately I have given up on applying makeup in the morning at 5am. When I have an early start to the day I leave the house bare-faced and glam up a little on the train. This foundation is perfect for the job because it still shows some skin whilst covering redness and any signs of tiredness.
- BDB Brow Gel: I love having a gel with me because I always forget to fill in my brows or fix them before leaving the house. As I naturally have lots of brow hair, the main concern for me is to use a good product to keep them in place and this does the job perfectly.
- Burberry Lipstick (mini size): If you've been visiting my blog for a while then you may remember me featuring this cute little lipstick a while back (here). I love mini samples because they're so purse-friendly!
- I Love... Moisturising lip balm: When I want a touch of colour on my lips but I can't commit to a lipstick, I use this little number by the I Love Cosmetics range. Their products are super affordable and quite pigmented. My lips feel soft and moisturised after every use so I'd highly recommend it to try it if you're a lip-balm hoarder.
For a put together feel:
- Hello breath spray: Who likes to eat cheesy burritos with onions? *raises hand* .
I honestly never realised how essential it is for me to have a breath spray in my life. Sometimes I don't feel like buying chewing gums and this is a great and fast alternative to fix a problem that otherwise can make other people think of you as Shrek. (you know, stinky pond ogre and that..)
- Olympea mini size perfume: I am addicted to perfumes and whenever I get my hands on a mini sample I do get way too excited for it. This new release from Paco Rabanne is on my wish-list at the moment because it smells divine and I get compliments whenever i wear it. Mini sizes are great to carry with you all the time and refresh yourself with throughout the day without the need to bring the full on glass size.
- I Love... Peach Passion Fruit body spray: Not very christmassy at all but I do like fruity smells and it's extremely refreshing to spray it on yourself (or in a smelly room at uni) when you need to.
What are your essentials?