I went through my bag the other day and as usual I found quite a few products that I've been carrying around with me, ready for any situation. What I did realise though, is that all of them are very forgiving and easy to apply even if you're rushing for work or on the bus. During summer I seem be a little more relaxed with my choices and the sunshine (although still rare) brings out in me some bravery to wear shades that are not exclusively nudes. Yes, shocking!
I have to admit I'm impressed with the fact that I'm only carrying five products with me as I still remember that one time when I found around 12 lipsticks at the bottom of my handbag. *facepalm*
So here's the products I've been loving lately.
I'll be switching them up soon as I don't wanna get stuck in a makeup rut again.
- Lanolips 101 Lip Ointment Fruities Apple: I always carry a lip balm with me since you never know when your lips are going to be feeling extra dry. This one tastes lovely and Lanolips as a brand is never disappointing as I featured many other products and they never let me down.
- Burt's Bees Lipgloss: Now, I'm not a lipgloss kinda gal at all, I have always been a fan of matte lipsticks (and now liquid lipsticks), but with summer I let go and just enjoy a little extra shine. This one here in the shade Sunny Day and it's so easy to apply as it's almost clear but it has a light rosy tint with a little shimmer that can't really be noticed once it's on.
- Lavera Brilliant Lipstick: The most intensely moisturizing lipcolors in the natural beauty industry, according to their site. I have to admit, I haven't found something as intense and similar to their product yet. Its innovative formula prevents lips from drying out, and the delicate creamy colors glide on for a lightweight finish with a subtle shine. It's also worth noting that their slender tubes make them the perfect lipstick to tuck into a tiny purse or pocket and carry it day or night everywhere. My shade is Strawberry Pink and it is a little brighter compared to my natural lip colour but it's not too much 'in your face'.
- Avon Shine Burst Gloss Stick: This silky smooth formula is weightless and doesn't bleed despite feeling very moisturising on the lips. The shade I have is Fresh Fuchsia which is a little out of my comfort zone, but I apply only a light layer and it instantly puts me in a good mood. It also contains an SPF of 15 and the range of shades is perfect for people who love to rock some colour, especially now that is summer.
- Pixie Mattelustre Lipstick: Possibly the most loved and used product in my stash at the moment, this is my typical "my lips but better" kind of colour that I can apply carelessly whilst walking to work, as it just adds a neutral colour throughout but doesn't look like a lipstick. The shade in question is Petal Pink by the way and I highly recommend you check it out.
Left to right - PIXIE Petal Pink, LAVERA Strawberry Pink, AVON Fresh Fuchsia, BURT'S BEES Sunny Day, LANOLIPS lip balm.So what lip products have you been carrying in your bag?