Of course as some of you know, I live by the sea and I absolutely love it, despite the fact that crazy wind and sand in your eyes are the main highlights of winter here in the south west coast of the UK. I am still excited for this time of the year though, and especially this season, so I thought I'd share a few reasons why that's the case.
- Big cosy jumpers. I love knitwear more than any other clothing item and the excitement of buying more jumpers is something else. Also, ugly christmas sweaters - they're the best.
- Heated blankets. I don't know how I survived without an electric blanket before as they're just the best thing ever. There's no nicer feeling than jumping into bed after a long day and getting all toasty and warm straight away.
- The winter air. You know that smell, especially on a frosty morning? I love it. It hits you hard when you leave for work but I kinda like it as it helps me wake up straight away.
- The food. Summer is all about salads and fruit but man, winter is all about the hot chocolate and all the comfort food. I love it! I am definitely never hungry and always excited for the next meal.
- No insects. Obviously this only applies to certain countries but now I can leave the window open for a while and not worry about a giant spider or annoying mosquito coming in my bedroom and causing me to panic (and call my boyfriend terrified - I would definitely not survive on I'm a Celeb!)
- Staying in is the new going out. I feel like in summer I have no excuse to be lazy in bed on a Friday night but during winter it's nice to have friends around for a chilled evening watching movies rather than partying in short dresses and heels. It's too cold for that man, let me keep my legs warm.
- New year resolutions. I hate the whole 'new year new me' thing but I do secretly make a small list of things I want to achieve when the new year does come around. I think that it's just nice to have a fresh start and feel like a page has been turned and you can start a new story.
- Good movies. Some of the best movies come out around winter time. The last few years it has been The Hobbit, now Fantastic Beasts and Star Wars. Not to mention all the awesome Christmas movies that never get old and you can always re-watch with your family.
- Shopping. I mean what better excuse to shop than Black Friday deals and then Christmas and Boxing Day sales? It's that time of the year when I go a little crazy and buy something for everyone - whilst treating myself too. Oops.
- Lights. Bit of an odd one for some but I love seeing the decorations everywhere. It sucks when they eventually start taking them down mid January (the latest ) but then you know it's only a couple of months until spring comes around the corner.
Jumper - Zaful
Jeans - Topshop
Bag - DKNY
Shoes - Topshop