It's Friday. I get back from work, bra off, Jack Wills joggers on, hair in a messy bun and snacks at the ready. I've been going out a lot lately, but nothing beats a night in! You have time to finally care for yourself and let go of any stresses that might have popped out throughout the week. Loving yourself and putting your own happiness first is so important, and I like to have little pamper nights with no one else but me, myself and I.
I have to remove my makeup straight away, I just can't deal with layers of foundations and mascara when I'm home. My evening skincare routine is coming soon so I won't bore you with that just yet, but here are a few gems I have been loving recently:
- Divine Hydragel Lip Mask: This is my discovery of the year so far. I absolutely hate the feeling of dry lips and lately my lip-balm game has been weak as I keep forgetting it at home - I blame that on the fact that I bought a new bag and it takes me a while to transfer all my essentials properly from one to another. This mask restores your lips in 20 minutes and I notice a difference straight away when I use it.
- Sukin Detoxifying Clay Mask: This is the secret weapon against spots. I mainly use it in the evening and I leave it on overnight on any tough zit. The next morning when you wash it off, the pimple is half the size and not red anymore so much easier to cover with concealer! Boom!
- Kind Natured Shea & Macadamia Body Scrub: My Friday night shower is not the same unless I use a scrub. Somehow I like to think that I get rid of all the impurities that I accumulated during the week despite showering every day anyway - I think it's a psychological thing. This scrub is kind on the skin but does the job. It's worth mentioning that it smells AMAZING.
- *Crabtree & Evelyn Ultra-Moisturising Hand Cream: This is one of the last steps, but when I'm comfy in bed or on the sofa, some hand cream is essential! I've been loving this brand recently and their packaging is SO - CUTE.
- Smith & Cult Nail Polish: This little gem was in one of my old Cohorted boxes and, man, I am obsessed. This shade is called Regret The Moon and it's the prettiest pale pink I have ever had on my nails.
Food is just as important - or maybe even more essential as I don't want to get HANGRY. I tend to mix healthy and sugary things to 'balance it out' and then I hit the gym Saturday and Sunday anyway so an extra cookie or pop tart won't hurt.
The Snack Edit
- *Crabtree & Evelyn All Butter Rose & White Chocolate biscuits: I was kindly sent these biscuits for Valentines Day and they're so yummy! I love white chocolate anyway but my mouth waters whenever I even lay eyes on the tin!
- Alesto Cashew Nuts: I actually can't live without cashews! I'm beyond addited. I have half a pack a day!
Now this is my favourite bit - picking what to watch! I'm 100% addicted to TV series but I also have shows I watch through Amazon Prime, Netflix and other platforms.
The Watch - List
- The Walking Dead: The new episodes are airing at the moment and oh-my-god it's like they give my life some purpose again. I have developed a crazy attachment to the characters and I get way too excited to watch the new chapter every week. Any other fans here? I need someone I can talk to about the show. Hit me up on twitter!
- Lucifer: To me, the sexiest villain ever. I just love the character and his accent. It's nothing too serious or dark so ideal if you want to take your mind off things. His sarcasm and charm are UNREAL.
- Ru Paul's Drag Race: My best friend is obsessed with this show and eventually I ended up catching the Ru-bug. Now I can't stop craving a strong contour with an extra side of sassiness. Honestly, it's so funny and relaxing, I highly recommend it!
What are your Friday nights like? Also if you have any show to recommend please do!